Talk to the media for me
(or teach me how to).
If your message needs the media, our know-how and reputation as a PR firm reporters trust can supercharge your story. Or, if you’re trying to avoid the spotlight, we’re pros at that, too.
We understand the media - today’s Googling, tweeting, overworked, stressed-out media – so we can teach you how to be a “Master of Media Relations,” just as we’ve taught county supervisors, company CEOs and dozens of others.
- Clutter In, Clarity Out: Reporters typically flub complex stories. Our uncluttered, clear messaging and materials promote accuracy.
- If it’s Regulated, We can Communicate It: Give us your alphabet soup of regulatory complexity, and we’ll give the media simplicity.
- Make Your Own Media: You can’t always trust the press to get your story out right, so we’ll help you create your own media so you can talk directly to your stakeholders.
- “I truly believe LP&A has been the best addition to our team! Your brilliance, keen awareness of environmental matters, writing skills, though-provoking strategy contributions, impressive PR material and the stomach to deal with the media has made our team go from good to GREAT.”
- Ron Metzler, Shea Homes
- “Your campaign was well conceived, well executed and instrumental to our success. You did a great job of reading the community and our leadership was pleased the efforts came in under budget.”
- Lyle Overby, Shapell Industries
- “You guys [LP&A] are one of the most valuable team members I’ve worked with in my 10 years of entitlement communications experience.”
- Jay Reed, DMB Redwood City, Saltworks, LLC
- “Laer Pearce is one of the best PR guys in the Golden State.”
- Hugh Hewitt, national syndicated radio host, author and blogger
- “We appreciate your sage counsel and perspective. We appreciate the help from you and your team. You folks do a great job for the SMWD ratepayers.”
- John Schatz, Santa Margarita Water District
- “It’s so much easier taking punches when you’ve got great people in your corner coaching, supporting and rooting for your success. Your experience, dedication and support to during this trying time were invaluable.”
- General Manager of an Orange County public agency
- “We’re all quite pleased with how the media coverage of our environmental studies turned out. Your craftsmanship has proved quite fruitful and I wanted to say ‘Thank You!’”
- Mark Subbotin, Newhall Land
- “You have truly done some amazing work. I am quite impressed.”
- Jana Kettering, Kennecott Land
- “I’ve been a CVWD customer since 2003 and I would like to comment on how much I enjoy reading your Pipelines newsletter. I find it very interesting and just the right size. Keep up the good work.”
- Cucamonga Valley Water District customer.
- “Laer Pearce has one of the best strategic minds in Orange County public affairs and public relations – and besides getting the message just right, he makes the process of getting to victory enjoyable for everyone on the team.”
- Lucy Dunn, President and CEO, Orange County Business Council
- “LP&A was instrumental in helping us design and execute a strategic communications campaign that resulted in overwhelming local support and the unanimous approval of Tejon Mountain Village.”
- Dave Crowder, Director of Government & Community Relations, Tejon Mountain Village
- “Laer’s most important asset is a rare personal characteristic: wisdom. I have been in many team meetings with Laer, and witnessed his ability to see and communicate the best course of action.” ”
- John Kain, President, Urban Crossroads
- “I found Laer to be a sharp strategist with a creative mind who champions staying on message, on strategy and within budget.”
- Andrew Daymude, Tejon Ranch Company
- “I greatly appreciate Laer’s creative, and often cost efficient, approach to communicating complex issues in a meaningful yet simple manner.”
- Marlee Lauffer, Vice President, Newhall Land
- “Thank you again for your insights and guidance. I truly a cannot thank you enough. You are stellar in every way!”
- Christina Noonan, Los Angeles Dept. of Water & Power Commissioner
- “I wanted to thank LP&A for your considerable contributions to this project. Our successful implementation of water budget rates was due to your thoughtfully designed and well executed outreach plan. Great work!”
- Tim Barr, Western Municipal Water District
- “You bring an unique skill set to our team. I appreciate your insight and strategic thinking.”
- John Vander Velde, Shea Homes